The 2022 New Books on Democracy event at Ovolo, Nishi in Canberra celebrated the following books:
1. Communication Forms and Deliberation Dynamic – A Relational Content and Sequence Analysis of Political Online Discussion on Participation Platforms (2022) by Katharina Esau.
2. Chasing Freedom, the Philippines’ Long Journey to Democratic Ambivalence (2020) by Adele Webb.
3. Collaboration and Public Policy, Agency in the Pursuit of Public Purpose (2022) by Helen Sullivan.
4. Complementary Democracy, The Art of Deliberative Listening (2022) edited by Matt Qvotrup and Daniela Vancic.
5. Crowdsourced Politics, The Rise of Online Petitions & Micro-Donations (2022) by Ariadne Vromen, Darren Halpin and Michael Vaughan.
6. Democratizing Global Justice, Deliberating Global Goals (2021) by John S. Dryzek and Ana Tanasoca.
7. Mending Democracy, Democratic Repair in Disconnected Times (2020) by Carolyn M. Hendriks, Selen A. Ercan and John Boswell.
8. Deliberative Mini-Publics, Core Design Features (2021) by Nicole Curato, David M. Farrell, Brigitte Geissel, Kimmo Grönlund, Patricia Mockler, Jean Benoit Pilet, Alan Renwick, Jonathan Rose, Maija Setälä and Jane Suiter.
9. Sexuality and Gender Diversity Rights in Southeast Asia (2022) by Anthony J. Langlois.
10. The Politics of Social Democracy: Issues, Dilemmas, and Future Directions for the Centre-Left (2021) By Rob Manwaring
11. Research Methods in Deliberative Democracy (Oxford University Press), forthcoming on 25 October Editors: Selen Ercan, Hans Asenbaum, Nicole Curato and Ricardo Mendonca (Global book launch 28 Oct/6pm Canberra time)
12. The Politics of Becoming: Anonymity and Democracy in the Digital Age (OUP), by Hans Asenbaum, forthcoming in 2022.